Hello friends! It’s me, Sean Peek, your Daily host. Let’s start this Wednesday off on the right foot, with a quick dive into everything you need to know about what’s happening in town these days.
First, today’s weather forecast:
A thunderstorm around the afternoon High: 90 Low: 72.
👀 For local businesses and merchants: Attract more customers to Alpharetta-Milton by sponsoring this daily newsletter, which is read by the same people you are trying to reach. Click here to find out more.
Here are the top five Alpharetta-Milton stories today:
- Bob Regus, Alpharetta city administrator and former mayor, officially retired on Monday and was honored for his 23 years of service to the community. The longtime city administrator received two honors from State Rep. Chuck Martin and current Alpharetta Mayor Jim Gilvin. According to Gilvin, Alpharetta became the 15th most populous municipality in Georgia under Regus’ leadership. (Alpharetta-Roswell Herald)
- Tuesday, Milton City Council has approved several items that will impact the communityincluding an local road safety plan, a PTV plan and a radar signaling agreement. The City Council will meet on August 8th in a working session, which will be immediately followed by a specially called meeting. (Town of Milton)
- Monday, August 8 is the first day of school in Fulton County, which means Alpharetta speed cameras will be in effect in and around local school zones. Cameras are currently in place and will enforce speed limits around six schools including Alpharetta Elementary School, Alpharetta High School, Creek View Elementary School, Haynes Bridge Middle School, Manning Oaks Elementary School and Webb Bridge Middle School. (Press Release Office)
- Say goodbye to summer this Friday with an all-day family celebration along Avalon Boulevard! Awesome Alpharetta Convention and Visitors Bureau is hosting a luau themed block party and will close the street to vehicles for the occasion. Of 2:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. on August 5, the community can enjoy shopping, live music, special offers from retailers and restaurants, and Hawaiian-themed cocktails at outdoor bars. (Awesome Alpharetta)
- The Milton Design and Review Board (DRB) met at City Hall last night to discuss two proposed projects in downtown Crabapple. One proposal was for a new office block near Mayfield Road roundabout. The second was a proposed addition to Milton’s Cuisine and Cocktails, also located on Mayfield Road. According to the city, Milton’s is looking to add a new 1,901 square foot indoor dining room, 786 square foot covered patio and 1,714 square foot outdoor patio, in addition to changes to the property’s lot. You can watch a full recording of the meeting on YouTube. (Town of Milton)
Today at Alpharetta Milton:
- Gallery Exhibition: Indo-American Cultural Association At the Alpharetta Arts Center (all day)
- Live Music – Doug Easterly At the Wild Wing Cafe (7:00 p.m.)
- Open mic comedy At Dancing Skulls (7:30 p.m.)
From my notebook:
- modern hopan independent distributor of artisanal drinks based in Alpharetta, has teamed up with Devil’s Foot Beverage Company to bring a new craft soda to store shelves in Georgia. Keep an eye out this month for this “tasty non-alcoholic craft drink that also works as a perfect cocktail and mocktail mixer.” (Bevnet)
- Looking for a new home in the Alpharetta-Milton area? Check out one of these properties recently listed for sale, including a 3 bed, 2 bath on Milton Ave. and a 4 bed, 4 bath on Heritage Lane, both in Alpharetta. (Alpharetta-Milton Patch)
- Support a good cause while enjoying an evening of humor and music under the stars! Matilda’s in Milton will host a benefit concert this Saturday August 6 for the SAM Foundation, an organization that helps prevent suicide through education and public awareness. Learn more at the link. (Alpharetta-Milton Patch)
More from our sponsors – please support the local news!
- YACHT ROCK SCHOONER from the Earth’s Back Porch concert series! (5 August)
- One night, one show, one cause! (August 6)
- SMOKIN’ NOVAS with RARE BIRDS in the Earth’s Back Porch Concert Series! (August 6)
- Atlanta Wedding Show (August 7)
- Retirement Tax Seminar (August 8)
- JOIN the Pickleball Leagues – Fall Registration (August 31)
- Add your event
Concerts and services:
You’re all caught up for today! See you tomorrow for another update.
— Sean Peek
About me: Sean Peek is a writer and entrepreneur with a degree in English Literature from Weber State University. Over the years, he has worked as a writer, editor, SEO specialist and marketing manager for various digital media companies. He is currently co-owner and operator of content creation agency Lightning Media Partners.